Theuses for listing all tasks to be implemented and all bugs to be fixed.
You'll find there the dates and versions planned for issues to be fixed and hence the XWiki roadmaps. There's also alisting all known dates for future releases. Please understand that these dates are often tentative since XWiki's development is open source and lots of committers/contributors are working in their free time on XWiki.
If you're interested to help out check the.
General goals for all releases:
- More tests
- Better javadoc
- More documentation on xwiki.org
- Code cleanup/refactoring
Already implemented roadmaps can be found in the.
Note that all planned release dates are also entered in the Calendar on.
XWiki Enterprise 8.x
Release dates for the 8.x Cycle:
- 8.0: March 2016
- 8.1: May 2016
- 8.2: July 2016
- 8.3: October 2016
- 8.4: November 2016
The goal is to try to take as many issues as possible from this list, starting from top to bottom:
- Periodic crashes with ClassLoader related locking issue - XWIKI-13792 - Thomas
- Admins should be able to decide the order in which apps are displayed in the Applications Panel - XWIKI-13075 - Guillaume
When I'm in full mode I would like to save directly without returning to normal Edit Mode - CKEDITOR-112 - Marius
- Make the WYSIWYG admin UI display configuration for all available WYSIWYG editors - XWIKI-13654 - Marius
Sort Recommended Extensions by Ratings when no search query is specified - XWIKI-13779 - Thomas
- When inserting large images while editing, it should all fit, the user should not need to scroll to the right to see it all. - CKEDITOR-108 - Marius
- Clarify the Hamburger Menu - XE-1582 - Guillaume
- Provide an option in the AWM wizard that creates a Template Provider for the app - XWIKI-13761 - ?
- Solr search UI is still very slow - XWIKI-13192 - Thomas
- Provide a way to filter templates in the creation step - XWIKI-13762 - ?
- Simplify creation of New link to new page in CKEditor - CKEDITOR-116 - ?
- Cannot upgrade the CKEditor extension - XE-1570 - ?
- Cannot delete document with many large attachments - XWIKI-8910 - ?
- For regular users, "Data" level is confusing in the Pages tree for an application created with App Within Minutes - XWIKI-13360 - ?
Customizing the PDF export CSS could cause a NPE - XWIKI-13457 - Vincent
- The parent-child relationship of a page is not updated during a move - XWIKI-13493 - ?
- Add Check List of actions to perform to create first content in XWiki with links to video tutorials - (Missing JIRA) - ?
Attachments are not copied from a Template Provider - XWIKI-13524 - Edy
- Extension Manager add extension search should suggest only compatible versions - XWIKI-9920 - ?
- Hard to understand which is the default value for Profile's Preferences entries (edit/view mode) - XWIKI-7715 - ?
- Adding a new overriding template resulted in the creation of 190 XWikiSkinFileOverrideClass - XWIKI-13179 - ?
- Demo Content Inside XE - (Missing JIRA) - ?
- Admin UI to allow disabling tours on a given wiki or for all wikis - TOUR-50 - ?
- Bad Image Scaling Quality - XWIKI-7623 - ?
- See to which groups a user belongs to - XWIKI-1901 - ?
- Make a tool to evaluate the status of the hierarchy before running the nested spaces migrator - NPMIG-46 - ?
- Hide "XWiki" space from Navigation Tree - (Missing JIRA) - ?
- Reorder the "Create a Page" menu steps in a more coherent way - XE-1588 - ?
- Allow resetting changes found by the "Compute change" feature of EM - XWIKI-13747 - ?
- Admin tools doesn't work anymore on 8.0+. In general test features to see if they work in 8.3+
ADMINTOOL-45+ ADMINTOOL-46 + ... - Alex
- Add highlighted text to invite newcomers to click on the edit button to start modifying content - XE-1583 - ?
- Change the user type for the Admin user to 'simple' - XE-1580 - ?
- Page creation date should be the date of the installation - XWIKI-7058 - ?
- Add an administration control panel for the redirects created on rename - XWIKI-13385 - ?
- Add "Index Page" Template - TEMPLATES-7 - ?
- Deactivate "section editing" by default and/or hide them in CSS and display them with hover - (Missing JIRA) - ?
- Change saved into a LESS SSX that is already cache does not always get recompiled - XWIKI-13300 - ?
- Have an option to edit directly in full screen mode - XWIKI-13793 - ?
- Add support for nested spaces in Distribution Wizard report - XWIKI-12270 - ?
- Remove XWiki Enterprise and transform it into a Knowledge Base Flavor - XE-1581 - ?
- Replace Home Page with actual content and move current Home page to a documentation page accessible from that home page - (Missing JIRA) - ?
- Move "Last modified by" next to "Create by" - (Missing JIRA) - ?
- Display sponsored extensions on extensions.xwiki.org - XINFRA-211 - Vincent
- Implement a View mode in addition to Standard/Advanced, with cookie based setting - (Missing JIRA) - ?
- Put the "Add a new page" button is (really) outside of the Menu relating to the current page (because it's about another page) - XE-1587 - ?
- Allow searching for Forum discussions - XAFORUM-144 - Alex
- Rights can be lost after a migration - NPMIG-20 - ?
- Missing indexes in 3.2 index auto creation system - XWIKI-7125 - ?
- LESS compilation of SSX may sometimes generate invalid CSS with missing colors - XWIKI-13299 - ?
- Allow upgrading a flavor in Distribution Wizard - XWIKI-12148 - ?
- Use the language set for the Main Wiki for newly created subwikis - XWIKI-11431 - ?
- Deactivate messaging feature by default - XWIKI-10543 - Vincent
- Clarify advanced Users "Edit Menu" + use the term "Duplicate" instead of "Copy" in the wheel menu - XWIKI-13774 - ?
- Maps not working because of missing API key - MAP-13 - Alex
- When leaving the edit mode without saving, notify the user that there are changes he needs to save - XWIKI-6927 - ?
- Allow inviting global groups to a subwiki - XWIKI-7531 - ?
- Make the "redirect" option on page rename configurable - XWIKI-13384 - ?
- Add an option to disable automatic silent merges when upgrading an extension - XWIKI-12705 - ?
- Redesign the delete UI to look more like the other refactoring actions - XWIKI-12548 - ?
- In the CKEditor, I would like the toolbar to be displayed in one line (and not 2) - CKEDITOR-110 - ?
- 8.4RC1: 31 October 2016
- 8.4Final: 7 November 2016
- 8.4.1: 21 November 2016
- 8.4.2: 5 December 2016
- 8.4.3: 19 December 2016
- 8.4.4: 9 January 2017 (to account for Christmas + new Year celebrations)